Reputation Management is simply being intelligent about your online reputation and how others view your business. 90% of all consumers will want to go and research a business or company online before committing to a sales purchase. If a potential customer decides to dig deeper in your company background, and starts seeing a wall of negative reviews, they may swiftly consider finding one of your competitors to purchase from instead.
For Example, say we were going out for lunch together. Of course, you were buying, but we weren’t sure where we were going to eat. So, we decided to Google some close restaurants and we found a couple on the same street. One was a 4-star restaurant and the other was a 2.5 star. Which one do you think we would choose? Of course, nobody wants to be a 2.5 star; we all want to be 4-star and above for everything we do. So of course, as a customer, I would be looking towards the restaurant with the best reputation.
4 Reasons Why Reputation Management is Important
- Increased Sales: Most people do their research for various brands, services, and products online before they make their final purchase. Consumers primarily make their purchase decisions based on reviews and brand with a number of negative reviews, is always missing out on potential business opportunities.
- Brand Protection: It is important to protect your business’s brand by constantly monitoring your review and social media sites for negative comments.
- Increased Visibility: By fixing incorrect information on your listing and review sites, you can boost your search engine rankings, in which will increase your visibility to more customers.
- Build Consumer Trust and Credibility: People always want to share their experiences with their friends, family or Co-workers. A lot of the time this happens online via social media sites. Negative talk can easily change a persons mind when looking to purchase products or services from your business.
Every day, customers are talking about your business on websites like TripAdvisor, Google Maps, Facebook, blogs and any where else they can make a comment on. These conversations customers have can directly impact your business and revenue. Reputation Management gives you control over your online presence by helping correct online listings, and by respondings to reviews.
A Positive Online Reputation has Four Requirements
- Monitoring: Do You know what is being said about you or your business online?
- Managing: One you find a negative review, what are you going to do about it?
- Responding: You should actively engage in conversation with whomever may be leaving a review.
- Generating: Gather reviews from customers both online and in-store and control which reviews go public and which stay private.